Sunday, September 27, 2026

Pic of the Day: Flathead Lake at Somers

Flathead Lake at Somers

A few kayakers cross Flathead Lake while a houseboat rests near the shoreline. Beyond them, wooded land and mountains meet the reflective water. It is a wide, quiet scene, but those small human details are what keep my eye moving through it.

I photographed this view at Somers, on the north end of the lake. As a Montana native, I have returned to Flathead Lake many times. In revisiting this photograph for a new print, I wanted the blues and grays to feel natural to the scene rather than brighter than I remembered them.

The kayakers give a sense of the lake’s scale. At first glance they are easy to miss; once found, they make the open water feel even larger. The houseboat offers another place to pause before the eye travels toward the distant mountains.

I have finished a new edit of this photograph and updated its wall art listing with fresh images showing the print options.  The photo is available as a paper print (in smaller sizes) or as a stretched canvas, brushed metal or acrylic print in sizes up to 40x90 inch triptychs.  Let me know what you think.  You can see it on LightIntoArt.

Bryan D. Spellman

No comments: